ALAN KRELL CPA & ASSOCIATES, P.C.
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
2208 Avenue X
Phone (718) 648-6600 Phone (516) 394-5188
Fax (718) 648-6602 Fax (516) 394-5189
As the 2010 holiday season approaches we want to take this opportunity to wish you and your families the happiest and healthiest of holidays.
Tax season is right around the corner again. We have been very busy keeping on top of all of the new laws and developments to ensure we continue providing the professional advice you deserve.
We are also continuing to find ways to improve the service we provide to you.
For the last few years, we have had great success with many of our clients sending us their tax information and documents via e-mail, mail, drop off and fax. Whether they opted to handle their appointment by phone, e-mail or sitting down in person, they were all thrilled that we handled the tedious input work in advance, and were able to spend more time addressing their questions and concerns.
Accordingly, we are advising all of our clients to provide us with your tax information in advance.
To make this as easy as possible, we have a new tool for you to use in organizing your tax info – an online client organizer. This organizer lists all of your tax information from prior year to help you ensure that you don’t miss any important 2010 information and it has a questionnaire to make sure we do not miss any important changes from last year.
As this is an online tool, we will only be setting up clients that have previously provided us with e-mail addresses. We will be sending out instructions via email in January. If you are definitely interested in using this tool, but are not sure if we have your correct e-mail address, please email us at email@example.com and you will be included. A paper version of the organizer can also be sent to clients on request.
We also want to offer the following reminders and recommendations to ensure that your experience is as pleasant and productive as possible:
· We begin booking tax appointments on December 1. We book on a first come basis. When you call, we will need your contact information, including phone numbers (Home, Work and Cell) and e-mail address. We never disclose your e-mail or phone numbers to outside parties.
· Please anticipate when you will receive all of your tax information before setting an appointment. If you miss your appointment, we will have limited availability to reschedule.
· Many clients are using e-mail to communicate with us. Please visit www.alankrellcpa.com for a listing of e-mail addresses. Sorry, but we are not able to take appointment requests via e-mail.
· We can provide your return copies as a paper copy or in electronic format. Our e-mail delivery is very secure, as the returns are password protected.
· We are required to electronically file most returns. If you are interested in using either direct deposit for refunds or direct debit to pay, please be prepared to provide your banking information (routing and account numbers) .
· If you choose not to use an organizer, we are offering the following list of the most commonly forgotten items:
o Form K-1 – from S-corporations, partnerships, trusts or estates
o Childcare information – name, address, and tax ID # of childcare provider
o Homeowners- Form 1098 (mortgage interest) and real estate taxes paid
o Form 1099’s - interest income, dividends, pensions and other income
o Securities sales – Form 1099(B) as well as dates of purchase and cost basis
o Non-Cash Charity – the name and address of charity, date and description of the donation, fair value of the donation, date of purchase and cost..
o Education expenses – tuition paid with name and address of the institution and student loan interest
o Dependents – social security numbers and dates of birth
o IRA/Pension – type of account and amounts contributed. We can assist you in setting up these accounts if you need help.
· Remember that we are here year-round to help you with any questions or issues that may arise. With our experience, combined with the experience of our professional associates including attorneys, mortgage brokers, insurance agents, investment brokers and financial planners, we can assist our clients with virtually any financial issues that they face.
Finally we want to be sure to thank you all for your support. Our practice has continued to grow, primarily due to the recommendations and referrals from you, our loyal clients, and we truly appreciate you.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Alan Krell CPA Brian Krell CPA/PFS